Christmas Decorations

Does anyone else get irritated by all the clear lights and blow up decorations? I remember as a kid we'd drive around the neighborhood seeing which house was better decorated. People actually put work into making an artistic presentation. Now its just bla. Everything is the same. No color whatsoever.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 6:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• I live in apartments. And their all two stories.. seperated. (if that makes sence to you, lol) But we're al having a contest of which is best decorated. It was tons of fun last year. Im sure it will be this year too. We got my fiances aunt to make some things for us, shes really good at woodworking. She made a 4foot cutout i guess you could call it, of santa and mrs.claus, and 5 little elves. We've got these big bulbed lights, Its gonna look good. People who dont decorate are scrooges! haha, I love everything about christmas, it's the biggest holiday around here!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• But what if you're going out of town the next day? That's what worries me this year for Christmas Decorations.
    Anonymous

• We don't decorate or put up a tree. Christmas is overrated. It has become a consumer holiday and "christmas spirit" is a sham. I hate the traffic, the rude people, and just about everything that comes with it. My son gets a couple gifts and a traditional dinner on Yule. (Dec. 21st) We don't do Santa. So, yeah. My best friend goes all out for Christmas, her house is always beautiful! This year it's blue, silver, and white. She uses lights and decorations on the outside and a tree on the inside.
    Anonymous

• I love putting up colored lights outside. We don't do a whole lot because we are in military housing and don't really have a big front yard or anything, but we do put up pretty, colorful lights on the gutters and around the windows. My aunt does a huge display every year. Her and her husband do woodworking, and they always have lighted wood cutouts of Santa, reindeer, sleigh, Mrs Claus, presents, tree, etc. People drive all the way out into the country to see their display, its so nice.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I get annoyed with people like anon who are too selfish to give their children a proper Christmas when they can because they don't like it.
    Anonymous

• I love colorful lights, which we always have up. They go around our garage, and over all the bushes. We hand silhouettes (sp) in all the upstairs windows too. We have an awesome blow up Spongebob this year too. I've already been given 3 compliments by the various neighbors. :)

What I find dull are the people who put like one string of white lights up. I just wonder "what's the point?"
    Anonymous

• Where I live we have about 6 houses that you HAVE to visit each year because they go ALL out and do lights , music and all of them are soooooooooooo awesome !!!!!!! Especially one that has the music and lights in synic with each other !!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I have tons of color... check out my pics on my page....LOL... don't like white, plain dull....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009