my 3 month old is a 7 month old?

when my daughter was born she was 9 pound 2.5 oz & 20"when she was 2mo i took her to her normal doctors appointment .. well she was 23 1/2 inches &weight 15 pounds her doc said shes the size of a 6mo!! & that i should start giving her a pacifier & 20oz of water a day (yes i breast feed on demand) i shook my head yeah sure but there's no way im giving my baby water & i vowed not to use pacifiers .. so .. i didn't! she was also able to lift her head while on her tummy, turn it side to side, talked a little tinny bit &also stared at her hands .. so on her doc said those are things a 4 to 5 month old do ! i was like hell yeah my babys awesome!! shes 3 mos now & is wearing 9 month old clothes shes a vary LOUD talker at times smiles and laughs a bit shes trying to stand on her own and so on.. i don't know how much she weights but her front carrier only goes to 20 pounds is this normal... well more of .. dose this happen?

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 6:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boys were each 20lbs at 6 months...the youngest a bit more and wearing 18 month old clothes. I hate reading that your doctor wanted to put your baby on a diet. I hope you found another one with ease....
    Anonymous

• I would love to hear more about your growing baby in the future. This is extremely uncommon and I'm so interested to find out more. Hope everything is well!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You just have a big baby like I have a small baby. Your daughter sounds completely healthy and developing on time. Every baby is different and I am glad you didn't listen to your doctor. A baby does not need to go on a diet. I did know a lady in a due date club who had to buy a new infant carrier. Her daughter was also bigger and at 5 or so months exceeded the 20 lb weight limit. She found one online, I believe, that went up to 40 lbs.
    Anonymous

• I am just curious what kind of car seat do you use? I was thinking about DS--normal size-normal kid, and wondered do they make rear facing seats for that size, and does your arm about fall off carrying the thing around LOL? It sounds really amazing, you should have a journal on here to keep us updated on how much ahead her development stays, way cool!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Normal! Breastfed babies tend to pack on the lbs early on and slow down as they get older. Good going ignoring Dr advice... He literally put your child in danger! I would find a new one ASAP and report him to the medical board, TWENTY oz of water a day??? Yea, he needs to go back and learn about water intoxication!

Nurse on demand, you don't need pacis... your baby is growing exactly as she should. She'll burn it all off when she learns to crawl and walk!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you just have a big baby on your hands! and the development is normal, some are just quicker at a few things than others.

and good for you with ingnoring that doctors stupidity! keep feedin that girl! it will all level out once she's fully mobile!

:)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009