Hello, My son is on Enfamil Gentilease, He is a very gassy baby so we use this and it works well. But he also spits up ALOT!!!! sometimes about a ounce at a time we had him on Enfamil AR for acid reflux but

because it has rice it backed him up and he wasnt sleeping. Now he is on prevacid it works somewhat its only been 4 days that he is on that. What I am wondering would it be okay if I mix the Enfamil AR with the Gentailease?? So he doesnt spit up but so its not so binding?? My son is 6weeks old

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 6:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try switching bottles, it helped my son who also had acid reflux. we switched to dr. brown bottles. they have an insert that helps remove air so they dont swallow so much
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My friends son had the same issues and he needes surgery... it happens to about 1 in 1000 babies and usually happenes to the first born boy..I'd take him to the doctor. this usually starts up at about 4 weeks all the way up to 8 weeks.... might not be a problem right from birth... here\s some info
    Pyloric stenosis
    Pyloric stenosis blocks the passage of food from the stomach to the intestine, which causes severe vomiting. This is one of the most common conditions in babies. Pyloric stenosis occurs when the round end of the stomach enlarges and the lower, tubular portion of the stomach becomes extremely narrow. This narrowing is what blocks food from leaving the stomach. Surgery is used to correct this problem.

Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My 2 yr old son had the same problem. The Dr said to try switch the formula but she also said that since he was gaining weight it wasn't a serious issue. Now hes almost 40 pounds. I wish you luck with everything.
    fraziersmom

Answer by fraziersmom at 11:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009