How is it the ones in jail get medical care?

There are lots of employed workers who cannot afford the high cost of medical care. Times are tough and for the hard workers who barely make ends meet no help is given. The need for health care is great. Yet, if you commit a crime, even kill someone you can get it all for nothing. Three meals a day, a warm place to sleep, television, schooling,and medical attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Selfishness will not be the end of this country! If anything is, it will be entitlement. You can only expect 5% of the population to support 95% of the population for so long, then it will be 4%/96%, then 3%/97%...

Our government tried and failed with several medical programs. They failed at Social Security, heck they can't even manage a single year's Swine Flu vaccine!

I think it they should look at the way things are run in Maricopa county or in Texas. The Texas system makes them work..manufacturing & gardens.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• it has something to do with their being entitled to humane treatment while incarcerated. ironic, isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Everyone gets health care. You will not be turned away in an emergency. You just have to pay for it. We don't NEED health care, we need more people to fix their priorities about what to pay for first - their health or their TV, cell phone, internet, video games, vacations, new cars, giant houses, etc.
    Anonymous

• If you work for a company then look up employees rights. Also if you are in a union talk to your rep.
    My husband gets UHC for 25 dollars a month. OUr co pay is 25 dollars the rest is paid. I didnt even pay anything for labor and delivery.
    The 25 dollars covers My husband me and our daughter.
    The is vision medical and dental all added in to that too.
    Anonymous

• Wow, have we sunk so low that we wish to treat people like barbarians?

THEY are the criminals, we are not.

I do not believe they should be given and extra's but medical needs and fed are a no brainer...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I know a man who ended up losing his job, his wife, his kids, and ended up homeless. He committed a crime (grand theft auto) just to be put in jail. It's a sad truth... but there are a lot of homeless people who would rather be in jail then on the street.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• So what exactly do you propose? That we let those who are locked up just starve to death, or die of whatever ailment they may have? Personally, I believe EVERYBODY should be entitled to health care, and hopefully at some point that will happen, but I really don't see the point you're trying to make with this question? As for anon 3:30, we don't NEED health care? Really?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

The cold-blooded murderers, serial killers, child molesters and the like, ARE barbarians! They deserve, nothing short of the equivalent of a Turkish prison.
    Anonymous

• I believe EVERYBODY should be entitled to health care, and hopefully at some point that will happen,

Fine, make a 45% flat tax for EVERYONE (those making $20,000 and above) and then you can POSSIBLY get that health care you feel all are 'entitled' to.... Entitlements aren't cheap. Who is going to pay for them?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Personally? If someone molests a child, I don't care if they painfully die of starvation.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009