Is there a way to increase your chances of getting pregnant with twins?

Besides infertility treatments and those sorts of things. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Obviously, ignore anon :53.

No, there really isn't any way to oncrease your chances outside of medical intervention. Twins are created two ways. Either your fertilized egg splits, resulting in identicals, or your body releases two eggs that get fertilized, resulting in fraternals.

Fertility meds will increase your chances, as you know...but that's about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think you will be better off asking an OBGYN instead of a bunch of strangers on CM who are not qualified to give you an educated suggestion.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• As far as I know, no. Unless you're using in-vitro or other infertility treatments it all comes down to genetics. Are there a lot of twins in your family? Are you a twin? Twins usually run in families.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• bebita:

Unless they've had experience in this situation, duh.
    Anonymous

• Have lots of sex with different men. The spermies will all make a super concentrated baby making cocktail. Be careful, more then four men and it increases the chances of octuplets.
    Anonymous

• Nope, it's not up to you if you have twins or not.
    Anonymous

• Civilizations that have a diet rich in yams have a higher percentage of twins in their population.Just speculation, though.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Go to a Minnisota Twins game. Eat two of everything...identical things every day for a week. Sleep with a copy of Twins Magazine under your bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Actually, my doc said that if you get pregnant on your first ovulation after coming off of the pill, it increases your chances for having twins because your ovaries are kind of in "over-drive" which makes it more likely for you two release more than one egg. I am having twins and they don't run in my family at all. The doc said it was most likely because I got pregnant on my first cycle after the pill.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yams. That's what I've read anyway. Sounds crazy to me. lol Not sweet potatoes, yams.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009