stupid question but...teething???

My DD is a little over 6 weeks and people keep telling me they think she's teething. She chews on stuff constantly, if I pump and give her BM in a bottle, she chews on the nipple, she chews on her pacifier and she's constantly drooling.
Is it even possible for her to be teething SOOOO early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't think so but its possible I guess.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• its possible. but most babies mouth things and chew things and drool. my son drooled and chewed things for months and months before a tooth finally popped up. I don't ever categorize him as teething or not teething, cuz he will be whiny and no teeth will come up and he will be fine and have a tooth come in that day. Basically I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• shes not teething
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It's very possible. My BIL had his first tooth at 2 months. Some babies are born with teeth. Some do get them really early, some get them really late (compared to others). So it's very possible. She may not get a tooth through for a while, but it's still teething - my kids started teething around 2 months and got their first teeth between 4-6 months.
    Anonymous

• it's possible, two of my sons had teeth at 4months and it was around 6-8 weeks that I noticed them teething. Although around 8 weeks their saliva glands start producing so that could be a reason for the drool. My 4month old has been teething on and off for about a month now...and yes I do know the difference of when he is teething and when he is not. You can check the gums to see if they are swollen at all. Good luck!!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• She is mouthing....figuring out what stuff feels like..and drooling is just something they do....ask her pediatrician next time you see her. It's fine for her to be doing this by the way, nothing weird about it...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2009