An oily looking stuff on steaks??

What could it be? Is it still fixable/edible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't know. Does it smell funky? Is it slimy to the touch. What color is it? How long ago did you buy it and has it been frozen or sitting in the fridge? Personally, I think if it didn't look like a normal, healthy steak I wouldn't risk it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I bought them today! Which I thought was weird. From walmart, its the first time ive ever seen it before, and ive bought from there alot. It is a little slimy to the touch. Other than that, they seem ok.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I never buy meat from Walmart...maybe it's just mine, but their quality sucks. If it's slimy, I'd be really leery of it. I suppose you could try cooking them up, and then maybe take a small taste and see how it tastes. But I'd make it really small so that if it is bad, you won't get too sick, hopefully.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Take them back. They will let you return it. Don't risk it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009