Blood Type question?

My blood type is RH-…If my first baby had a (-) blood type does this mean my hubby has a (-) blood type too? Also if he does does that mean our next child will too? Two negatives equal a negative right? He can’t be positive because we would not have a baby that’s a negative right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No hubby does not need to be negative to have a negative baby. I am RH- as well and my son is RH- too. My fiance is positive...they checked him when they found out I was negative. Its just the luck of the draw who's blood type the baby gets. Now if you both were positive or both were negative the baby could not be opposite. But I think some 85% of ppl are RH positive.
    Anonymous

• OP her-Thanks
    Anonymous

• There is no way genetically two negitives can produce a positive.
    Anonymous

• Good question! Both of my parents were O+ (positive) and I'm O-(negative) . What's more, my DH is O+ and my son is O+. I may have to look into this further. Thanks for the food for thought!
    Anonymous