Dress Codes-Christians does your church require ladies to wear dresses?

is your church more casual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My church doesn't care what you come in, as long as you come.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Our church is very casual. More interested in meeting the needs of people & making everyone feel welcomed than being legalistic and stiff.
    Anonymous

• No. Ladies wear pants and I have even seen people in jeans or shorts.

My family does dress up on Sunday though. For us it is tradition, something my husband and I grew up doing so it is just as normal as a big Sunday dinner.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Very casual.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• casual.i wear jeans and a nice shirt. sometimes i wear dress pants. we usullay go to the park after church so i try to dress casual
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• nope.. we're casual.. mostly jeans.. ditto to basically what anon642 said
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• there's no 'dress code requirement'. everyone dresses neat, nice, and as best they can. its not a barbeque, but its not judgement day, either. its church..where we come to worship and praise, uplift and learn, reconcile, pray...clothing is the important thing. that said, however, i don't feel you should be as casual with your preparation (which includes your attire) for worship as if you are going to the mall or the ballpark. like i said in another post few weeks back, you'd dress appropriately for a job interview...why not for worshipping God?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Our church is very casual. I was raised to wear dresses but I would not impose my personal dress code on anyone, nor would I attend a church that does.

I enjoy dressing up, and my younger girls too. But my 14 year old wears jeans and my hubby is more in the middle, usually dressy jeans and button up shirts but no tie.

God is far more concerned with the charactor of our heart than the clothes we wear. As long as you are covered, I think God is happy to see you in His house.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• nope... come as you are :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i meant to say, 'clothing ISN"T the important thing.'' LOL!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009