ugh.... just because we dont do it the same way doenst make me wrong

Im so tired of the mid-west family thinking we out here on the west coast are wacked out because of the way we do things. My step-father and uncle sometimes drive me up a wall with the what they say... then they end it with "well I guess that is just how they do it out there." WTH???

I would be living my life the same dang way if I was living next door to them.... so what would their excuse be then??????

Ugh.... I guess no responce is needed .... I simply needed to get that out of my system so I can go back to my wacky So. Cal. life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• frustratedVent away girl....It is just like people coming to their home and judging as well so just ignore them that is what makes up all different.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well, what's so different about the way you do things? I mean, is it the holiday traditions you do differently, or decorations?
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My inlaws live in a kind of rural area and we live in the city (well pittsburgh, not like a huge city or anything) but she is always saying stuff like that too. It is so funny to me because we are in the same state, it's not like there are any different laws or things are that different.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• annabel1809Lee........ my step father who is on his 3rd wife, one kid (he knocked up his girlfriend while in h.s.), never been to college, and his son has been arrested more than once gives ME parenting advice and questions how we do things with our kids.

my uncle who bought his 2 bedroom bungloo from his wifes parents about 40+ years ago and will not spend one dime questions why we vacation. He has plenty of money to do so but chooses not to. We have plenty of money to do so and choose to. Why would you travel and see the world..... what do you need that can not be found in Indiana??? duh... the world???

Why do I not buy canned veggies when they are cheaper than fresh? Why do find smoking gross? Why do we work out so often? Why do we have a large house and no land - duh.. that is all that is here. Why do I not work? Why do I insist my children go to college?

I would be the same here or there!
    Anonymous

• Start questioning their lives.... why Don't you go on vacation, and as for SD --- tell him next time he gives you parenting advice that - I guess if you would have done it that way your kids wouldn't be in so much trouble. Turn the tables on them!!!
    Anonymous

• Ha haha. I grew up in So Cal and moved to the mid-west at age 31 because people in California ARE wacked out. I'm glad it works for you though. I had enough of the crazy, and left.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009