stinky feet

my 4 year old sons feet smell really bad lol. i have put powder in his shoes and changed his socks more than once a day and they still stink. what else can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wash the shoes in hot water and allow to air dry, the bacteria still grows even with the powder, then powder up, and good luck, if he smells after you bathe him before he puts on shoes you need to take him to the doc, he might have hyperactive sweat glands, very unusual for a little on though, before puberty, my husband is an orthotist, and works with feet for a living, I asked him and this was his advice good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• OP here. his feet smell even with brand new sneakers. i will mention it to his doc when i bring him back in thanks
    Anonymous

• Have atleast 2 pair of shoes that he can alternate between. He should wear each pair everyother day. Put crumbled up newspaper in his shoes to soak up the stink. You can also put dryer sheets in his shoes at night to soak up the stink. You can rub deodarant on the bottom of his feet. All these were suggestions from my son's doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• his feet shouldn'tstink at 4 years old just like an adults shouldn't. There is something going on with his body. I would google it and find a natural way to get rid of it at home....it's in expensive that way.

Anonymous

• my dh had that issue, he tried everything! then i got him some stronger soap. try using lever 2000 on his feet... good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• where do you buy his shoes at? my brother had/has really stinky feet when my mom gets his shoes at walmart. but any other place- like kohls or something, his feet are just fine. weird huh. it might be that.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2009