My boyfriends back and he's in trouble.....thoughts?

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Gov. Mark Sanford is accused of breaking 37 ethics laws regarding campaign finances and travel, including using taxpayer money for high-priced airplane tickets that took him around the world and to Argentina for a rendezvous with the woman he once called his "soul mate."

The governor's attorney said he looks forward to answering the "technical questions" regarding Sanford's travel and finances at a State Ethics Commission hearing early next year. Details of the civil charges were released Monday and carry a maximum $74,000 in fines.

They came after a three-month investigation by the panel and could be pivotal in a push by some South Carolina lawmakers to remove the Republican governor from office before his second and final term expires in January 2011. The state attorney general is deciding whether Sanford would face any criminal charges.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't believe he is still masquerading in public office.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• The civil charges include 18 instances in which Sanford is accused of improperly buying first- and business-class airline tickets, violating state law requiring lowest-cost travel; nine times of improperly using state-owned aircraft for travel to political and personal events, including a stop at a discount hair salon; and 10 times he improperly reimbursed himself with campaign cash.

Herb Hayden, executive director of the commission, said he could not recall another governor facing this number of charges in the past 25 years.

Sanford has been under scrutiny since he vanished for five days over the summer, reappearing to tearfully admit to an extramarital affair with the Argentine woman. The travel allegations were uncovered in a series of Associated Press investigations. Some of the allegations about his use of campaign funds were revealed by .
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Maybe Sanfor and my former governer, Mike Easley, can share a jail cell.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

wHY JUST THE TWO...THERE ARE PLENTY OF POLITICIANS THAT COULD JOIN THEM IN THEIR PROPER HOME!

jUST TRYING TO FIGURE what IS TAKING SO LONG!! i'M NOT SURE WHO MORE OBVIOUSLY DESERVES AT THE VERY LEAST TO LOSE THEIR JOB, HIM OR RENGAL???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Lol love the title! That old song is in my head now
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Oh rats! I thought this was going to be about something exciting! Shame on you sweet! :)

He broke the rules, he deserves to be out.

Now, do you have a real boyfriend story????!!!!! lol
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I say lock them all up. Most of our Senators participate in Insider Trading and make millions because they help set the policies that control business'. Lock them all up.
    Anonymous

• Not going to find a defense from me. I think he should have to pay for his crimes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Throw the book at him
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I just cannot get over his arrogance. It's really offensive. At least his wife said I am outta here, you lying douche. None of that "I will stand by my man" nonsense we so often see from political wives. I was pleased to see that.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009