Help with 4 year old having #2 accidents? I don't know how to handle it!

Hi I posted earlier, but only got one response, and meanwhile it has happened again! My 4 year old DS has been having #2 accidents and hiding them from hubby and I, this started about 2 weeks ago after not being allowed to use the restroom in CVS and he had an accident on the way to the next stop, since that time he has had one almost everyday, but is peeing in the potty as always, has anyone had this happen, what could be the reason and what should I do>I really don't know how to handle it, ie mad or be understanding or what, I ask him and he said he just gets "too busy". Any thoughts? PS CVS didn't allow us to use the restroom, not me-LOL!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 7:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could he just be doing it for attention? What was your reaction when they wouldn't let him use the bathroom in cvs? I'm sure you felt really bad for him and maybe he liked the attention? I'm just throwing that out there because at 4 he for sure knows when he needs to make it to the bathroom and he just might want some attention.. I noticed my 4 year old daughter doing things she wouldn't normally do..not #2 but she would pee and say that she "forgot" So when she would forget I would make her clean up the mess on the floor while I watched, she had to put her clothes in the wash while I helped her and it only lasted a couple more times and she stopped her "forgetting" :-)
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Make him clean it up. If he's "too busy" to poop on the potty then he'll find it even more inconvenient if he has to clean it up.

...if this continues on for too long he might need counseling. Things like this COULD be a sign of other issues. I don't know your kid (of course) but if you try making him clean it and other disciplines too and nothing works and the behavior keeps happening i would definitely take him to a therapist.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009