how do i get my 4 year old to sleep in his own bed all night long?

he constantly gets up in the middle of the night and sneeks in bed with me and my husband and i am usually too tired to make him go back to his own bed

sharamontoya

Asked by sharamontoya at 5:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The key is to make sure you do put him back in his own bed. I know that it's hard...but stick to your guns and eventually he'll know that you mean business and give up.
    momo3lilladies

Answer by momo3lilladies at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My husband got up EVERY night for 4 years putting our kids back to bed!! One still gets up :-(

I think its the kids individually. If its any consolation, they reckon that the more a kid is awake the smarter they are :-) I should have rocket scientists YAY Hahahahahaa
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my daughter doees this also..sorry it would stopuntilyou put him back in his own bed every single time
    stressedmom619

Answer by stressedmom619 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I know you are too tired to get up and put him back in his own bed... but that's the only way he is going to get the message.
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with the other moms here. My two girls do the same thing - they are 2 and 4. We use the "Nanny 911" method where we just keep putting them back into their beds. We don't say much, except good night and we love you, but you need to be in your own big girl beds. The first week it happend for hours, then slowly, they started ending the battle. It took 2 weeks but they are now in their beds at night with minimal "field trips" to our room at night. Good Luck! Keep trying...
    2blueeyegrls

Answer by 2blueeyegrls at 9:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Make sure he is happy in his room. Maybe he's not comforitable or something, my daughter did the same thing and we asked her why one day and she said that her bead was uncomforitable. So we put a pillow top on it, and got her new sheets and stuff, and she loves her bed now!
    KatelynnS

Answer by KatelynnS at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008