How do I get a smoother lasting more then1 day shave?

Ok ladies help me. All my life I felt like a hairy monster literally. I have shaved, waxed, Naired, everything but laser removal b/c I can't afford it. When I shave anywhere on my body I always get razor bumps and ingrowns no matter what I do. Plus no joke here EVERY TIME after I shave my legs my hair grows back 3 hrs later, I see the stumbs & feel prickly. What can I do?? I want to have my legs smoother at least for 1 whole day :( I don't feel like a sexy wife. I hate summer for this reason!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My friend used a lotion from jergins that is really supposed to help alot! It was not expensive either..I haven't tried it yet, but she swears by it.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• What the name of this Lotion??? I think I tried it too, it was to lighten hair or something like that.
    Anonymous

• Can't remember the name of it, but Jergens, Suave and other brands have it. It is supposed to make the hair growth slow down. It works, but you have to use it daily for 6-8 weeks before you see results and then you have to continue using it daily. If you are diligent, it's a good option.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• St. Ives > Smooth Legs
    Clinically proven to help you shave less often, St. Ives Smooth Legs leaves legs feeling smoother longer after shaving while making the appearance of hair ...
    www.stives.com/products/hbl/08_hbl_sl.cfm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had laser hair removal. Don't waste your money unless you have very dark leg hair.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 1:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I do have have very dark hair. How was it? was it very expensive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I don't even waste my money on products anymore. The thing that I have found that works the most is that while you are in the shower, before you shave your legs, try to give yourself the goosebumps. (like letting the cold air hit you, or alternating the temp on the shower.)Each time you get the goosebumps, shave a little more. It makes your hairs stand up, and it's the only time I have been able to have smooth legs for more than 24 hrs.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 2:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I used conditioner (hair conditioner) to shave with and then use lotion.
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 4:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• nair works well... just make sure you don't use it down there or for underarms haha
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 11:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Make sure your razor blade is new.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2008