Do your kids like their veggies?

I can get my daughter (18 months) to eat her broccoli and other veggies but not my son (4 years). Anyone know any tricks to get him to eat them? I have tried putting cheese on it and seasoning but he still won't touch them. Do your kids like their veggies?
Sorry 2 questions in 1 but i am really curious about this one. Thanks in advance.....

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 7:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is a good eater..he little started out a picky but i got him to eat stuff ke brocolli and carrots by using things he likes..i would call the carrots "candy carrots" and the brocolli "tree stars" from the movie land before time. Your son may be too old to kinda trick him like i did mine into liking these thinngs but it may be worth a shot. You could say "this is what little foot eats" or you could sprinkle cinnamon on the carrots and say "i put some sprinkled candy on it for you, let me know if its good" or if he likes ranch, let him dip veggies in ranch.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• All 4 of mine love their veggies. My trick was...I never gave them the chance to not eat them. They had to try them every time they were served. There were several vegetables my oldest swore up and down she hated and would make her sick when she was 4 and 5 years old. Now they are her favorites. It's the one thing I can make that I know everyone will eat. Sometimes my 7yo eats only her veggies and passes on her meat and potatoes (or whatever else we are having). She begs for carrots for snacks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well that's the weird thing because my son always loved his veggies up until a few months ago and now he won't touch them. Sorry left that out of the original post. Is is just a phase or something else?
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes she does. I simply refused to give her anything else. I seasoned it a little but not excessivly so. And not every time either. I never allowed Soda or other sweet drinks. She prefers water now. My DD actually asks for broccoli a lot. She will eat it without cheese as well.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My 4 year old LOVES veggies.....try having him dip it in ranch or somthing if he loves katchup let him dip it in that it might sound nasty but its worth a try
    Anonymous

• My child also LOVES raw veggies. she will prefer them over sweets sometimes
    Anonymous

• maybe you should only give him sweets if he eats his veggies
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes, my daughter enjoys eating vegetables. We don't allow pickiness.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Oh wow sheay1130 that is a really good idea. My son is mildly autistic and loves the movie Land Before Time. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try saying they are tree stars lol. I know he would believe me. Thank you everyone also for you replies, at least now i have a list of things to try :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• He gets desert after dinner if he eats it all, sometimes he goes without though because he just won't eat.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009