Do you have roaches in your home???

OK we do not have roaches in our home (knock on wood) and when it rains we get those really huge outside tree roaches in our bathroom or garage and once in awhile in the house only bc it had just rainned. Anyway the other day I was helping my dd to get ready for school when I notice this roach (I guess it was a house roach bc it looked like those common looking ones not too big not too small just medium in size) Well I quickly grabbed some tissue and grabbed it and threw it in the toilet and flushed it away. Now can anyone please tell me how could this be happening we've never had roaches in our house. At first I thought of maybe it is the parents who bring their kids backpack...you know maybe a stow away. (I have been babysitting for 5 yrs.) I don't know what to think :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It could be any reason, stow away is reasonable. We had some when we moved in. Just stay ontop of killing them and possibly get some one to spray your home to keep them away.
    Anonymous

• Get some traps for under your sink and stuff, just to make sure that even if it was a stow-away that you kill them before they get too comfy. We don't have any now, but before we bought the house I saw one once in our apartment building. They are just so gross, and so hard to get rid of if you don't stop them quick. They used to have them in the cafeteria I worked in in college, and I used to have nightmares about them coming into my dorm by sticking to my shoes and stuff. Gross.
    Anonymous

• Anytime you see 1 roach, there are 100 to go with it, rule of thumb.
    Anonymous

• THANKFULLY the only roaches in our home are those that come in from outside. The other day a huge one ran on my leg when I was sitting on the couch and when SO squished it what he thought to be puss....was EGGS! EWWWWW! but I havent seen any in the house so it was probably an outsider, perhaps with a plan to use our home as a birth cottage. Our last home had german cockroaches bad. We are clean people, always eat over out plates, cover our food or store in the fridge, we always sweep and vacuum...but it was something about that house. No problems with our new one!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I learned that roaches can live in the paper grocery bags from the store, eww right? I now take those carry alls with me! It was hopefully a random stray, but if you see anymore, get the orkin man over! LOL, if you could ask your parents not to bring their kids stuff over in paper sacks!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• We have not had any roaches until recently. An exterminator was at our neighbors, that's the 1st time I started seeing them. I swear they came from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2009