I keep getting in fights with my son and dont know what tou do

my son is very hurtful to me. he wil slap me, bruise me, and scream at me. he makes me cry and i am scared to be alone with him. i dont hit him back but i grab his wrists and tell him to stop and all he says is NOOOO I HATE YOU! im scared to death of my own child and hes only 2! any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2???? He is strong enought to bruise you and make you cry? He knows the words I hate you? When DS used to play hit at me I would firmly grasp his hands and say mommy does not like that , then put him in a special spot and not engage with him for 2 minutes, he is 4 and does not hit anymore, but this sounds much more violent, IDK is everything okay at home?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• well he has had to hear that from somewhere...i would suggest remove the person he has heard it from out of your lives...if its you then you need to get your act together
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• noone at all is violent around him?
    Anonymous

• U are the parent not your 2 year old. I think it has something to do with your parenting.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• im sorry but a 2 year old dont just put the words i-hate-you together in a sentence on their own and they dont learn to hit and be hateful with it...he has picked it up somewhere.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• This is the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever heard! Any parent who allows their child no matter the age, much less a 2 year old, to lay a hand on them deserves it. From the sound of your post, you really aren't capable of properly parenting your child and I think it's absolutely pathetic that an adult would allow themselves to get themselves in the position you're in. You need to grow a backbone & parent your child or adopt him out to some who will be willing to do what's best for him & teach him properly.

These kinds of posts make me sick! It's like watching supernanny, you got parents who are too childish & stupid to parent their children, then they wanna cry & play the victim for not being the parent!

Get some therapy & take some parenting classes for your child's sake.
    Anonymous

• Turn off the TV. If no one in his life is behaving that way, that's where he got it.

When he is not mad yet,
    Tell him he is not to hit or be mean to you anymore, and if he does, he will go to his bed until he is done.

display no emotion when he loses his temper next. Do not even look at him. Pick him up, put him in his bed, and wait till he is calm.

This will go on for a day or two.

Address his routine, assuming he has one. Little bottom out of bed at 8, breakfast, playtime, snack, walk or play outside, lunch, nap, coloring, with a drink, reading, quiet play, dinner, reading, possibly a quiet movie, snack bed.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Routines are important for toddlers because they give them a sense of control, knowing what happens next can be calming.

If in fact you are in a violent situation, I urge you to seek help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2009