Need Advice. What would you do?

My DH and I moved to Chicago (our favorite city) over 2 years ago from our home town in WI. We love living here and exploring a new city and can honestly say if our family and friends would all move here (LOL) we would never leave. So our dilema is that we just had our first child and miss being around our family and friends even more (our entire family is in WI) and I am struggling with the decision to move or stay. My DH wants to move back because although it's great here it is very expensive to live here. What would you do? Is it better to live in a place you love or live in a place that is ok but near your loved ones?

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is easier when you live closer to ones you love and can help you out with the baby when you need it (like baby sitting for free when you need a couple of hours to yourself). To me I'd rather live close than be on this journey without my loved ones. Also I've seen too much death and it rings all too clear in my mind how quickly those we love can leave us here. I'd rather make as many memories with them and let my kids do the same than being so far that they hardly remember them at all.
    Anonymous

• good luckWell you have to plant your own roots somewhere, try living there for abit longer and see what happens if not go back to your original roots along with family members.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• live were you can afford, if it makes more sence to be with your family in a place you can afford then go HOME!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well... it depends. Sometimes being a bit of a drive away from family isn't such a bad things... especially when you have kids. If they are the type to tell you how to raise your kid.... then that might be reason enough to stick to visiting on weekends.

On the other hand, small-town WI sounds like a better option for raising kids. Sure, Chicago has far more in the way of entertainment & educational recreation, but it's crowded, expensive, polluted, higher crime, etc, etc, etc.

Complete toss-up if you ask me. G'luck to ya!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Dh and I are going thru the same dilemma right now but we plan on moving back home (middle of nowhere north dakota) we love living down here in lincoln but we're not comfortable raising our kids here. Do what's best for you and your family (dh and kids). Gl!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2009