Holy Smokes. Have you seen this unemployment map?

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 8:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nobody was or will be, ever able to prove the stimulus not passing would have caused more unemployment. As far as percentages go, the few hundred jobs it did create, it would have not changed any numbers with unemployment rates. If you want to keep your head in a dark stinky hole deprived of oxygen, go ahead, you can believe the stimulus worked. And then you can refer your ignorant googling self to the unemployment map posted in this section. The stimulus did not work, it was never intended to be a stimulus. Google definition of government stimulus and you (might) clearly see it doesn't even fit into the most basic definition. It was a Democratic wish list and payback from Obama, that's all it was. Pay to play Chicago politics, ANY plan would have been better than Zero's stimulus. Doing nothing, and letting a recession run it's cours would have been as effective and much cheaper. And china wouldn't be pissed!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yeah, someone posted it yesterday. It echoes the crash in the real estate market.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i can only imagine. My hubby is a construction worker and a plumber and he has been outta work for over 5 months. He just recently got a job at target which is really cool but were not sure if they will keep him as a permanite employee or just use him for seasonal. It really sucks wondering if your gonna need to look for another job because you've been layed off for the 3rd time :(

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ahh 31 angel...I certainly hope such is not the case and that he is gainfully employed for as long as need be. My heart goes out to all those who are in such duress

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What REALLY scary is THAT map stops in Sept. Unemployment is higher then that now. But its all good ya'll Obamas admin says the recession is OVER...YAY......so it wont get aaaannnnnyyyyyy worse ::roll eyes::

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My state is below the national average, and the SC-SE part of the state has a higher rate of UE to begin with. I am surprised how many of our counties fall into the purple, though.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• mmm....mmm....mmmmm.....barack hussein obama..................
    Anonymous

• ^lol... This isn't ALL Obama. But I think this does contain some signals that the "stimulus" didn't stimulate nearly as much as they projected it would.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I hear those fantasy districts are doing well..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009