Is it true that some moms give thier babies cereal in their bottles when they are threee months and maybe earlier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Unfortunately yes some do. I think it's very selfish & uncaring to do it. Drs' & professionals have advised against doing this for many reasons including the possibility of choking & studies show that it doesn't help babies sleep any longer & it can cause severe stomach problems because their digestive systems aren't mature enough to handle solid foods that early. Not to mention introducing solid foods can cause long term food allergies in some children. But I guess some moms don't care about the possibilities of these things.
    Anonymous

• well i breast fed my son until he was 7 months but to be perfectly honest... if i hadnt breastfed, then yes deffinitly i would have. Trust me when your baby has a full belly they are going to sleep SO much better. And we all know that feels good for everyone. i know a bunch of fellow moms that have done the same. Really to each its own, whatever you feel is best for your lil one :)
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes, why don't we all stuff our babies full of filler so WE can get a better nights sleep. Man, why didn't I think of that?
    Anonymous

• OMGoodness yes I hear it all the time. I've heard some people as early as two weeks!! I can see starting a little earlier then 6 months, because I have heard of doctors telling moms to do that because some babies just need more. But 3 months!! there little bellies haven't devloped the enzymes it takes to digest cereal.
    Anonymous

• GUILTY! Yes I did. They needed food, so feed them. It won't hurt them at all.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 8:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• lol yall do what you do best and thats always having something RUDE to say to get another mother down. Never did i say stuff them... i mean come on!
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2009