I know this is a common question but I'm curious about the actual cutting of baby's first teeth.

I have noticed from talking to other parents that some of the children, when given specific things to chew on, seem to cut teeth easier and faster. I know "everyone" says that there is nothing you can do but try and make your teething baby more comfortable, aka oragel, homeopathics, cool cloths, teething rings etc, but what if "they" are wrong. What if there are certain objects out there that have a specific consistancy that will help teeth push through gums faster...
I am more just curious if any other parents have had this experience with their own children or heard of it from others.

Thank you.

zoozleroo

Asked by zoozleroo at 8:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that just like any other milestone, you can't really rush first teeth. This is also one of those "every baby is different" situations, so just experiment and see what oys and remedies work best for your baby.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I meant to also say that I had 1 dd get her first teeth around 4 or 5 months, andthe other didn't get hers til almost 8 months. I used all the same teething toys(just cleaned them up and passed them down) and the same kinds of home remedies for each kid.
    Anonymous

• all my kids got teeth by 4 mo. there was nothing "specific" that made it happen. it just happened. in fact i had no idea my first kid even had any teeth till he bit me!
    Anonymous

• my son is 6 months old & his first two teeth just broke threw not long ago. hes gotta few teething rings, but he chews on anything & everything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• my trials with cutting teeth, with both of my daughters i froze a clean wet wash cloth it stayed cold longer and numbed the gums with out using medications plus they loved when it melted and they could suck the water. I had two doing round trips.
    Anonymous