Why is there a tooth there?

My 6 yr. old dd has a tooth growing in back of her bottom teeth she hasn't even lost any of her teeth and it is not right behind it it is more like on the back of her gum.(the bottom part) I don't know if it will shift later but I thought this was strange.

Has any of you mommies gone through this with your child?

Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You should take her to the orthodontist.
    Anonymous

• Some of mine grew in turned 90 degrees. I had braces. The ortho might start her on a small appliance to help her mouth grow better. But if she's not bothered or having trouble chewing her food, i'd limit the messing in the mouth. Braces are sort of traumatic.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• take her to the dentist. he may refer u to an othodonist to make out a plan.

One of my teeth did that, I had to have a tooth pulled to help them shift. I Have a unrelated niece who had the same thing but also ended up in braces
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• if her teeth are not coming out and new one sra coming in you need to take her to the denist of some sort. This could cause problems!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• This happened to my oldest daughter. I did take her to the dentist, and they told me to keep an eye on it. They said if she didn't lose her baby teeth by her next appointment then they would pull them so the permanent teeth could shift. She is now 9, and finally did lose the baby teeth on her own. Her permanent teeth shifted forward after the baby ones were out.

You could always call your dentist to see what they say. I would call and explain what is going on and get their opinion.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 8:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Sometimes the new teeth will come in behind, or she could be one of the lucky few with an 'extra' tooth. Either way I would make it a point to mention it to the dentist at her next appointment, and see what he/she has to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• No big deal really. This is pretty normal from what I understand. Now that that tooth is coming in, it will probably start the "falling out" process in the other teeth. My son had one of his bottom front ones come out in about the same place you described and it's moved forward now. Just let the dentist know at her next schedules appointment.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 2:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2009