daycare

today was my daughters first day of daycare i balled my eyes out it was so hard. how was your guys' first day leaving your kid with someone else. besides family???

beautifulkirei

Asked by beautifulkirei at 9:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i feel for you. i can only imagine how hard it must be. im lucky & have worked it out with my mother & other family to wear my son will never have to go to daycare. thank god because i dont think i would be able to do it, especially not with swine flu going around.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I can imagine how hard that was for you. Hopefully tomorrow goes better for you. My kids havent gone to daycare but I did daycare in my home for 2 years and it gets better as time goes by.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My daughter was 3 months when i went back to work. It was hard the first day. I was worried that she was gonna be upset her first day away from me but she didnt even care. She liked daycare.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I took my dd to daycare when she was five days old. I had no choice. I cried my eyes out also. Its just something that has to be done. It gets easier with time. Daycare has let my child gain so many friendships, that most 2 year olds ont have.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I did in home day care for 15 years. Trust me it will get better and if it helps - it is usually harder on the parent than the child. I have had moms balling their eyes out when they left their infant for the first few days. It does get easier.
    Anonymous

• It was one of the hardest things I have every done. It felt unnatural and cruel first. I cried for several weeks, but it got better and the feelings faded!! And guess what? I'm going to go through the same thing again with DS#2. It's hard, but I don't regret it. And you won't either!!
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2009