What do you do when your kids drive you CRAZY?!

OMG! I have the worst headache now. I have 2 boys. They are 6 and 2. I grew up with only girls in the house, so it's been an adjustment getting used to their high energy, the fighting, the screaming, the mess they make, them not wanting to clean up blah blah blah. I want to run away and hide somewhere right now. My bp is probably through the roof. I love them to death, but this is hard!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Duct tape their mouths and tie them to a chair. Just joking LOL. I would make them go to their room/s and stay their tell I said they could come out.

Answer by louise2 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My boyfriend and I say the same thing as louise...duct tape cures everything. lol Seriously, though, I agree with louise, have them go to their rooms and stay there until you are calmer or they are ready to behave, whichever comes first.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• When I get to that point I put them in their room and go stand outside in the cool air and just breath deeply. Even just five minutes outside is enough. Just try to remember that someday you will look back at these days and miss them. Good luck Momma.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I go nuts.lol!!I leave the room for a mintue or two and breathe.Put cold water on my face.Sometimes I sceam into a pillow.I was having one of those days today.My eye was twitching even.No one would take their naps.All they were doing was fighting and yelling.I had to break up three fight between my 22 month old girl and the four year old boy that I nanny for.I count down the hours until bed time too.One in a half for my two children.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• The last few days have been like this for me. We are all sick, Mommy, Daddy, and LO. She is driving me nuts. She is whiny all day, doesn't sleep well at night and isn't napping well. She only wants mommy and mommy has stuff to do, as well as mommy suffering from and exacerbation of my asthma from this cold. And today my LO was prescribed nebulizer treatments because she is wheezing yeah. Anyone want to trade. I totally agree with the duct tape thought. I am doing anything that I can to try and relax.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Duct tape leaves a mark!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mom used to give my sistter, me and my dad money and send us to the arcade or something when we started getting on her nerves. It worked well for us all. Dad got be a big kid, we got to play in the arcade and mom got a quiet night to herself.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We have a couple of neighbors we trade child care with; you kids need to go away for a couple of hours...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• JawqaMom1, I was just joing.

Answer by louise2 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2009