I am over due on having my baby

I am over due in having my baby girl...could anybody give me any ideas on to have her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My only suggestion is to wait til she's ready. Nothing will work to start labor unless your baby and body are ready anyway. It's hard to be patient, but no one will be pregnant forever.
    Both of mine were "overdue" according to the calendar, but they were born right on time :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I agree. Just wait it out.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• she'll be here within a week because doctors wont let you go 2wks over anymore so within a week you will either go into labor or you will be induced
    Anonymous

• There really isn't anything to do.
    What did you do last week? Just do that. ;-)

Remember that you're really due for about a month. The estimated due date is only a mid-point in the 4-week average due period. The actual due DATE doesn't mean much.

In time, your baby will arrive! ;-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• it is tough in the last few weeks. just remember you're not overdue until after 42 weeks. :) just relax as much as possible because you'll need energy for the birth and then you'll be pretty tired for a while after. congrats! it will be soon. i disagree with anon, btw. it is totally up to you if you want to get induced or not and i would just say no unless there was a medical need. =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Babies come when they are ready.
    Anonymous

• I rushed my daughter ... i induced and it ended in a c section... my best advice is wait as long as possible.. but you can also try natural stuff like walking and having lots of sex and eating spicy foods to help induce labor naturally
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Walk walk walk and walk some more.

Have sex.

Take another walk.

More sex.

These are natural labor inducers.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2009