Is this normal after giving birth?

I have days where I feel good. But when I try and poo I still feel like everything is going to fall out. I also feel tightness in my vagina area like a pulling of the skin. I am wondering if this is normal or if I should call the doctor? I was a high risk pregnancy so I hate calling the doctor without a good reason. And if it is normal how long before I go back to normal?

Tat_9280

Asked by Tat_9280 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everything is pretty much gonna suck for at least a month and a half after giving birth. Try stool softeners and epifoam. Don't be putting anything in there and this is going to sound impossible, but rest. Your body needs to heal. If you're still having doubts, call the doctor. That's what they're there for.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Its normal, I can't remember how long it took until everything felt normal again. It was definitely before my six week check up. Im going to say around the 3 week mark.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I had the same prob. for up to a month after having my lil girl. I just cont to take the stool softners, drank apple and prune juice which all together made it very easy to poo without much effort.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Start doing kegels, and eventually you should feel better. Having a baby is hard on your body though. Did you have an episiotomy or tear with stitches? that can take a long time for some people to feel "normal" again. How long ago was your baby born? If it will make you feel better, call your dr, or one of the nurses who discaharged you from L&D. That's what they are there for.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I had my daughter 11 weeks ago and my stuff still doesn't feel like what it did before I had her! I had stitches and when my husband and I do the deed it feels like my privates are gonna tear open again. I'm sure things will get better for you! I'm sure it is normal for you as well. It does take time for your body to "recover" from labor and delivery, just give it time!
    Anonymous