Do u put a coat or snowsuit on baby?

Is it really neccesary to use either? Jw, since baby has a hat, mittens, warm outfit, blanket, and carseat cover. Seems like it would get hot to me. But I dont wat to be that mother who everyone is like "OMG I cant believe she didnt put a coat on her baby" What do you think?

mkrmomma1

Asked by mkrmomma1 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a carseat cover and a light blanket for my boys. If they were going to be outside of the car for any length of time I would put them in a snowsuit.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I use a light coat, light blanket and a car seat cover, it seems like they would be extremely over heated if you had a butt load of stuff on them with the cover!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I use the carseat cover and blanket.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I put whatever I would wear on my kids. If I'm cold they are too. If I'm hot they are. If someone doesn't like it too bad.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Dress the baby as warmly as you'd be comfortable. I think a coat or snow suit is probably overkill with all those other things. Having them overheated can't be good for them either.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• "It is unsafe to put a thick coat, snowsuit, or blanket on under the harness of a car seat," Ellis says. "In a crash the coat would compress, making the straps too loose and possibly allowing the child to be ejected from the seat." A Real Life Example
    In order to become a certified CPS tech, Ellis had to take an extensive car seat safety course and pass both a written exam and hands-on car seat installation exams. "When I took my tech class we were shown a picture of an infant seat with a snowsuit under the harness," she says. "The seat was pulled out of a car that had just been in a crash. The infant was ejected from the seat and the car and was found some feet away from the car, but the snowsuit was left in the seat just as the baby was wearing it." http://community.babycenter.com/post/a2095535/winter_coat_reminder
    Anonymous

• I live in WI. I do blanket, hat,& carseat cover. coats in carseats are not safe
    Anonymous

• right now, a light fall coat or a fleece one piece (not very thick).
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I found a fleece snowsuit for my 10 month old. It's warm but thin enough not to cause a safety issue in the carseat if we were in an accident. For my oldest we always used blankets. He had problems with sleeves, socks, and shoes (sensory issues) so he was always in sweats, slippers, and had a fuzzy blanket.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• okay well I guess I should
    "rephrase" my coat theory! I actually use a sweater, but to me that's just like a coat for a baby. I don't even think that they make 0-3 months in an actually coat, or maybe they do? But I use sweaters.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009