when would you consult a doctor about water retention?

I had my daughter 11 weeks ago and I am still experiencing retaining water in my legs, ankles, face, and hands. It comes and goes daily. I'm started to get worried about it. What does it even mean to retain water like this? Can it be completely normal?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go back to the dr. I never had that problem.
    Anonymous

• You can try 2 things if you are nursing: cranberry juice and walking. I know it sounds simple, but it really works for some people. I know your legs and feet think this walking thing is evil, but it will help circulate the fluid so you can get rid of it.

If you are not feeding any breast milk, there are many herbal diuretics that will flush you: dandelion root and uva ursi. Do NOT take those if you are nursing.

Also, are you drinking enough water? I know it sounds awful, but drink water. Bloat and dehydration often go together.

Blessings of health!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would call a doctor. There is a such this as getting Pre-E AFTER giving birth. It happened to my mom.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2009