What essential items do Newborns need for the 1st month?

Im 33 weeks preggo with lil Xavier, and I just wanted to know what essentials are needed for the first month with a newborn? Im a lil on hard times, and dont have a whole lot of money to spend (christmas is coming up and I just put 1100 down to move) at least until tax time..(i luv tax time!)....i have a scheduled c-section planned for jan 5th, and just want to know about how many onesies, outfits, bottles, etc...should I have on-hand for the birth? I have a some hand me down outfits (7-8) and onesies (bout 15) from my lil brother (6months) and lil cousin (8 months)...getting bottles and diapers next week

mzhazelrae313

Asked by mzhazelrae313 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOTS of diapers and wipes! bibs or burp clothes are always a good thing to have as well... don't get too many NB clothes... they outgrow them so fast
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• bottles, diapers, wipes somewhere to sleep and burp clothes. Clothes are not super imp. unless you live up north you may want a couple of warm onesies and/or coats etc. They out grow the clothes real quick,. With 2 or 3 cut outfits for showing off your good. (oh and I LOVES my vibrating kicker that played music -- life saver)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• personally, if you don't have much, maybe a pack n' play w/bassinet and changing table would work. they are portable and complete requirements for some place for baby to sleep. cloth diapers have worked best for me for burp rags. essential: either double up the outfits for warmth or get winter outfits. you only need as much as how often you can do a load of laundry... i.e. 5 outfits = doing laundry every day maybe more...
    blankets, come in real handy covering the carseat outdoors
    desitin, try to prevet diaper rash. a dr. visit costs more than the cream
    any coats or t-shirts you get, get 3 months or more ahead of where your child is at.
    i have a 3 week old. he barely fits into newborn clothes, he's small. his coats and t-shirts are 3-6 months.
    baby body wash, wash cloths. a sink should work for a while.
    lots of pads for mama, bleeding can last a long time,
    sleep
    i hope this was helpful and God bless
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• diapers and wipes of course.. and if your on hard times you should try breast feeding... then you won't be spending money on bottles and nipples and formula... plus it'll make your baby so much healthier in the long run... car seat, crib or play pen for them to sleep something warm for them to wear.. btw if you had it scheduled for the 10th he'd have the same bday as my daughter :)
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• the gerber bottles are the cheapest ones i have found. my princess takes them better than any of them.

*diapers and wipes
    *couple packs of onsies
    *bottles
    *formula
    *crib or bassinet
    *a couple different binkies "for mommys sanity"
    *5 maybe 6 warm outfits at the least "you wont regret it"
    * little blanket
    *carseat

i found most of this stuff in once upon a child if you have one around where you live.
    hope i was some help and good luck honey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• thanks everybody! very helpful...i have a 2 year old, but i had a baby shower and never had to worry about needing anything
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009