Husband & I fighting over our soon to be sons name

We just found out we are having a boy and my husband wants to name our son Kevin...problem is his Dad and I don't really get along very well at all! My husband got to pick our daughters name which is Madelyne and the middle name Collen which was his aunts middle name who passed. I really would like the name Gregory in our sons name since that was my Uncles name who I was very close to! My husband said he would settle on Kevin Gregory but I REALLY don't want Kevin...any suggestions??

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• opps forgot to mention that Kevin is my father in laws name and since we don't really get along to well I really don't want to use that name
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• find a middle ground somewhere. maybe look some more, see if you can't find another first name you agree on.
    compromise.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Gregory Kevin?

Otherwise give in but call him Gregory.

Our son is named after my fil who I love but we still call him by his middle name.
    Anonymous

• its your baby..you fill out the birth certificate paperwork and put down Gregory..simple as that...
    Anonymous

• I would say find a middle ground. But... I think it is more important to find a name that fits your child, something that you LOVE. Something that you can be proud of and feel giddy when you hear it. I gave in to my husband about our sons name and then had to change it because litterally no one called him that!! His name now fits him so well.
    But even more, I have so many regrets about what happened with his name. I would say sleep on it and think about it. I know that's what you have been doing. But see if the Kevin thing really really matters to you, if it does. Fight for what you want.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My husbands Dad never really cared for me. My husband swears up and down I'm wrong but actions speak louder then words. I just can't picture calling my son Kevin. I have even agreed to something totally different but my husband says thats the only name he likes. I gave in with my Daughters name I am not giving in this time
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Say ok you will name him Kevin but while filling out the papers for his permanent name put Gregory and don't tell him nothing until 3 days gone by then tell him oh by the way....GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If he named your daughter, shouldn't you be allowed to name your son? Tell him you either let me give him a name, or threaten to just not name him!
    Anonymous

• Oh man we're in the same boat! I would never even consider naming our daughter to be after my bitch of a mil, but luckily he hasn't asked(although we ARE in huge disagreement over the name he wants). I can see how it would be a very sticky situation though, you want your hubby to have a part in naming the baby but you don't want it to be fil's name and you don't want to hurt hubby's feelings. I think since he picked your daughter's name, who was also named after a family member of his, that it's only fair you get 100% say in baby boy's name.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• "its your baby..you fill out the birth certificate paperwork and put down Gregory..simple as that... "
    "Say ok you will name him Kevin but while filling out the papers for his permanent name put Gregory and don't tell him nothing until 3 days gone by then tell him oh by the way"

Are you kidding? Its his baby too! Maybe dont use either. Come up with one you BOTH like. Its your child together....
    Anonymous