How much does your 24 month old boy talk?

I just wanted a comparison to where my son is at. He just started talking and can say about 20 words, and can make the sounds of 6 different animals and that is it. Is your son using two word combinations? Speaking in sentences?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 21 months old. He can say over 50 words. He is starting to say whole sentences now. We got my son the baby can read program. I really think that has helped him a lot.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I have a niece who is 2 and carry on a conversation with you and i also have a niece who is 3 and you cant understand half of what she says. My son is 14 months and can say lots of words. The thing is all kids are different they learn at their own pace. Also the more you talk to them the better. I do know that.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't have a boy and she is def much younger than yours and has close to fifty words and we are only using the baby can read videos and using magnetic letters on the fridge.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My son is close to 27 months and he has a huge vocabulary. He talks in two or more word sentences that mostly mommy and daddy only undestand. If you are concerned contact babynet and have him evaluated, trust your instincts.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My oldest was holding full conversations (complex sentences) since 18 months.
    My second was starting to use simple sentences at 2 years.
    My youngest just said his first word at 23 months after a month of speech therapy. (one year later, he's been declassified!! All done with speech!)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• my son is 28 months and has been quite expressive for a long time now, he uses sentences now and has started to refer to himself as i or me rather than by name and to other people as you or he/she. Each child is different and it does depend on how much you talk to him and encourage him to get across what he wants or needs .
    sara81106

Answer by sara81106 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2009