i want to do something nice

but my bf doesnt want me to, i want to make dinner on thanksgiving for our family and bake cookies brownies and other stuff for my co workers that have to work late, i think it would be a nice thing to do but i dont want me and my bf to fight over it how can i get him to be nice for a day lol and let me do this, he says why do that for people when they wouldnt do that for you ? i say because i want to do something nice for people even in little ways. i gave away alot of toys and clothes to battered womens shelt and homeless shelts idk why he doesnt want me to do this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• does he always have that attitude.... that tit for tat.... dont do anything unless you get something out of it????

Ouch - red flag time!
    Anonymous

• Ditto on the red flag. His attatude will carry through to you and he will be stingy to you an dyour kids
    Anonymous

• I would tell him that you are going to do it regardless of how he feels. I do things for people because I want to not because they ask. I will be making dinner for my family and contributing to the holiday potluck at our store because I want to not because I have to.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• and his mom works late also he says after our dinner we`re taking her food sooo thats not right , right ?
    Anonymous

• I'd do it anyway. Being nice is something he should be proud of in you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• thanks you guys i think i would feel great when i do that :)
    Anonymous