Should you be able to get an organ if you aren't even a donor?

I was talking with someone who said she refuses to sign the back of their license because she doesn't want to give up her organs after when she. Her reasoning was that she didn't want the doctors to try less hard to save her (that's a myth). And then I've heard of others who don't want to for religious reasons. That's all fine and dandy, but should someone like this be able to recieve an organ if they die? Maybe more people would choose to donate if they knew they wouldn't get one? My opinion on this is neutral...just wondering yours!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes they should.. Deciding whether you want to be an organ donor or not is a personal decision and I don't think you should be made to suffer and die a slow painful death just because you choose not to donate your organs. As of right now I am an organ donor but that will be changed once I renew my license.. for personal reasons.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Hummm.... never thought of it that way..... good question.

As for the religious person who wont give one up.... Im thinking they would not accept one either but be content to die, as that is God's plan.

For the person who thinks the drs wont try to revive.... well she isnt too bright believing everything she hears.
    Anonymous

• Adult Donors should be ahead of Adult non donors on all lists IMO. Of course there should be exceptions like children and people with POA's.
    Anonymous

• If her family wanted to give up her organs, even if the back of her drivers license wasn't signed, they still could. I would even if a family member didn't want me to. They're dead what do they care?

I don't know... I would think they should still get an organ if they needed it. Who knows it could change their minds.
    Anonymous

• Yes, because most people on the transplant list can't donate anyway. lol. Besides, some of us who aren't on any transplant lists aren't able to donate anyway, because of health problems. So.....
    Anonymous