why cant resturants / fast food

give out food to the homeless like the food that they throw away , you know when you have left overs you put them in the frig and eat it the next day well why cant fast food or resturants, its the same thing, the place i work at i always give them extra and write it in the claims book, idk why we cant do it and not have to hide it lol its just going to get thrown away ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have always thought the same thing

idk?????
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I can almost guarantee it's not legal because of food safety regulations.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Although I get what you're saying with like bagels at the end of the day, so I guess I don't know that part. I didn't think it all the way through, sorry.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Still seems like a waste. I have worked a couple fast food places and all the food that was thrown out made me mad. Such a waste.....
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 10:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• its not like we have to serve them moldy food but the place i work at the end of the day we waste alot of food enough to feed like 20 people, that could add up to 600 people we could feed in a month,
    Anonymous

• There are places that do give their food to shelters. They need to check out the legalities of it and sometimes it is not worth the hassle. We live in a society that loves to sue, so they need to protect themselves from this.
    Anonymous

• yeah I think it's a food safety issue. When I worked at Mc D's YEARS ago, it made me SICK to see the amount of food they threw out-and I wondered the same thing!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2009