When do you put up your X-mas tree/deco AND when do you take it down??

the trad is the day after TG, and the day after NY...do you do it this way? or not.

EarthHippy

Asked by EarthHippy at 10:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• December 1st to January 1st.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• that's how we've always done it. I'm not really that superstitious but i have always been told that putting your tree up before TG or leaving it up past NY is bad luck.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• First available opportunity after December 13th (my birthday) and it's down just after January 6th (the 12th day of Christmas)
    Anonymous

• Instead of the day after Thanksgiving we go and get our tree on Saturday (dh usually works on black Friday). I take down the decorations sometime during the week after New Years, no specific day.
    Anonymous

• Thanksgiving weekend it goes up and this year we'll take it down sometime in January. Hubby is due home from a deployment in January, so it will stay up until he gets home and we can do Christmas as a family.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• We are putting our up this Sunday after Thanksgiving. I take it down the first week of Jan.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Normally we put it up the day after thanksgiving and take it down Jan 1st. But since my DH deploys before Christmas we put the tree up yesterday and plan to have "christmas" on dec 4th I will prob still take it down Jan 1st
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I prefer to put mine up later in December, the closer to Christmas the better, and take it down right after New Years Day.
    jess_buckley

Answer by jess_buckley at 6:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Our tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and will come down either the first or second of January. Although I am always wanting to put it up alot sooner I love my tree
    jmsbowtie

Answer by jmsbowtie at 6:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Everything is up and lit here.... started November 1st and finished yesterday....it will come down within the first week of the New Yr.....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2009