what do you think of this proposal by the rnc?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/23/rnc-socialist-resolution-returns/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with loving. The RNC has a long way to go before they get my money or commitment of my vote. I want a politician who is dedicated to a fiscal conservative Federal Government. I learned over 5 years ago, you can't align yourself with a single party and blindly allow them to lead the way. Neither major US party is reputable. All parties need to be held to higher standards and be held more accountable. To follow any party blindly is quite frankly~ foolish.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think the GOP is going to splinter from within. For whatever reason, they only want to support those who support very narrow tenets, and alienate everyone else.

As a former Republican, and now Independant, I say let them. Let them alienate everyone but the most extreme. It won't get them as far as they think.

I also find it amusing that the RNC doesn't want to have to support ALL fellow Republicans, wants to make no allowances that to be GOP in some areas may have some differences in focus than in other areas......way to embrace everyone.

They are making it a sure thing for a third party. Hopefully the centrist/moderates will flee like rats off a sinking ship, and a more centrist party than either that are in power right now will become viable.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think the whole thing is hypocritical. They were just fine with some of those obama policies, when they were bush policies. JMO
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• As a conservative, I'm trying hard to think of something a Democrat, even a moderate one, ever did, that, paired with everything else Democrats stand for, warranted my vote.
    Never, yeah, never.
    I don't like RINOs, but my husband insists that the Republican Party needs to be more centerist to win elections.
    Depressing crap.....................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Until the GOP knocks off the support of RINOS who are just dems with an R by their name I will not send my support to them...there are many others who agree with me
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• This is why people are leaving the republican party in droves! Its there way or the highway, and people are just not buying it anymore!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Anon whats the point if one is not a conservative standing by the principles..kind of like how gwb leaned a bit too damn far across the aisle with the bailouts
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2009