To SAHM's who only live off of your hubby's income....

Do you have a secret "stash"of cash? Meaning, do you have money put to the side just incase you were to ever get a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work part time outside the home,but I have been saving,not in case of a divorce,but just a general emergency stash..I think women need to be smarter and not put all your trust into your husbands(financially)as anything can happen.Always be prepared,maybe not just for a divorce,but for any of lifes little emergencies.Yes my dh knows about the little stash by the way.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• That's just not right... Taking his money in case of something. If I were him and I found out, I would throw your ass out the front door. You are not working, you make NO MONEY... HELLO>>>>> Get a job!!!
    Anonymous

• Uh, no, not planning on getting a divorce. To me it sounds like if you have a "secret" stash that the trust in the relationship isn't where it should be. So I guess maybe you would need it in case of a divorce.
    Anonymous

• No. Because i trust that we will never get divorced. And if things ever get to the point were we are considering divorce (which would be only after intensive therapy, extreme lifestyle changes, etc) i would already have a job so that i could support myself.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't live off my husband I choose to be a sahm and If I wanted to get a job I could get a part time one but I rather be home with my son then work because being a mom is full time job. No I don't have a sercet stash of cash because whatever he makes is also part of my money and if I kept from him and we need I think he would be really pissed off. If you need money GET A JOB or sell something you don't need.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• OP here: LOL, I am not a SAHM. I was just asking the question. So what would you do if you were to get a divorce?
    Anonymous

• Ditto on anon :10. You said what I was going to but worded it much better.
    Anonymous

• Not getting a divorce, if you love someone you work through your problems. If you automatically assume divorce is the answer to your problems you will be divorcing.
    Anonymous

• no not for a divorce but in case of emergence i keep some mstashed .. he doesn't know about it cuzz then he would spend it ..lol thats just him
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 11:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I have a reserve that I brought into the relationship that he knows about. It's there in case something happens with his job or if we need to boost our comfort level short term or emergencies. It's definitely NOT break up money.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2009