What's with all the Christian on Christian hating?

All the stupid anti-Catholic questions...
That loony SDA gal a couple weeks ago...
The "If it's not the KJV Bible you're wrong" folks...
etc...

I mean, true, if you put 12 Pagans in a room, you've got at least 13 different POVs...but still? You rarely see us nit picking each other. "No, don't call the Quarters like that!" "You're worshiping the Goddess wrong!" "You can only worship MY gods!" You just don't see it here.

So why do we see the Christians hating on each other?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When you get a religion based on being the only one that knows the truth, a sacred text that has different versions of the same story, different tones from each author, different rules in different sections, different interpretations of the oldest primary texts available, etc. & a belief that the whole text is literally, exactly true, it is inevitable.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• What will this question do other than give Christian haters more fuel...see above. You pick a few people who do not represent the majority of Christians and presume that they do. I suspect that I could find just as many posts supporting one another.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I happen to love hearing about the different religious practices. I don't see it as hating. I've learned a lot by it, and probably many others have too. Sounds to me you are the hater here.
    Anonymous

• Do I hear a challenge?

Anonymous

• 33 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 by: teamquinn
    What will this question do other than give Christian haters more fuel...see above. You pick a few people who do not represent the majority of Christians and presume that they do. I suspect that I could find just as many posts supporting one another

THIS
    Anonymous

• Answered at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 by: Anonymous
    I happen to love hearing about the different religious practices. I don't see it as hating. I've learned a lot by it, and probably many others have too. Sounds to me you are the hater here.

THAT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• 39 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 by: Anonymous

YES OP you seem to have the need to start a thread that is nothing but an invite to hate on Christians. Seems to me you have some hate issues to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have been pagan and have been bashed for "doing it wrong" many times. But now that I am Christian I think a lot of it has to do with people who are too worried about what everyone else is doing to really focus on themselves. So if they project the fears about themselves on others they feel like they are ignoring their own faults. It happens in every religion. For me personally I focus on the "Buddhist" aspect of Christianity like Jesus rather than the old testament which is VERY strict. Another thing is some in the religion do take it too far to the point they will alienate their own followers if the followers do not believe whole heartily in their own opinions. So it is only people hurting their own religion because of hate, prejudice, and superiority issues.

Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 12:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i understand what you are saying and I dont like it when PEOPLE act that way .Its very frustrating to love the same Lord and be challenged like this .That when you may feel tempted to be unkind or unloving but you must rise above this test and show your true colors .BE LOVE BE KIND BE PURE................
    lilobrat

Answer by lilobrat at 12:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Hysterical - this is an invitation to bash? Nobody NEEDS an invitation - they do it every single day around here (including the little purple troll that gets deleted as often as she bashes - she didn't NEED this question to be an idiot, it's natural for her). Gotta love it though, rather than address the question, just call it an excuse to bash.

Why ARE so many different branches of Christianity capable of coexisting? Especially when they think they're supposed to convince other people to be like them? Being an arrogant ass is hardly an invitation to someone to convert, yet every day we get Catholic bashing, JW bashing, LDS bashing, wrong version of the bible bashing, wrong definition of the word "is" in a particular verse bashing...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009