Sippy Cup H3LL

So my son just down right hates sippy cups. I have bought every type I can find at our stores down here. My Dr. says to keep trying them but I'm feeling discouraged because when he sees me coming with a sippy cup he's trying to run the other way. I've started him on regular cups and at least he's attempting to drink out of them. I'm really thinking about giving up on the "sippy cup" and just moving him to regular cups because I can't figure it out...I need some serious help!!!

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 11:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he likes drinking from regular cups, then awesome! If you want him to drink from something in the car that won't spill, try the ones with straws. Something I did with my daughter, is I didn't pressure her. I didn't make it out to be a big deal. I left some sippy cups at the bottom shelf in the fridge, and when she wanted some milk, I gave her an option...she could have water in her bottle, or milk in her sippy cup. Once she figured out she wasn't getting milk in her bottle, she gave up and drank from her sippy. It was HER choice, and it made her feel like a big girl.
    yetti26

Answer by yetti26 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well ya! If he takes the real cup, and doesnt like the sippy cup, then thats fine! That is the point, afterall, to get him to drink out of a real cup......GL
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What about straw cups or adult style water bottles in a smaller size? If not, a regular cup is fine. It's not like sippy cups are a must achieve developmental milestone!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• In the toddler room I worked in at a Montessori school we didn't use sippy cups we only used regular plastic cups for them. You don't have to use sippy cups. Switch if it makes you both happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Geez, at this age he can use a regular cup or straw cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Just go to a regular cup then, you can try the ones with straws also.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2009