I told my husband if he doesn't treat me better I am leaving with our son... need help for counseling!

He is verbally abusive, and I don't want our son to learn that it is OK to be that way. I/we are willing to do counseling. Do you know of any groups or resources that offer free or low cost marriage counseling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO THE STATE. THEY HAVE PROGRAMS WHICH MAY LEAD U WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR....
    cbcbcb3

Answer by cbcbcb3 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• There are. We used to go as kids to counseling that was for low income families.

If your husband doesn't change and you stay with him, it's very possible your son will treat you the same as he gets older. He's teaching your son how you should be treating, how women should be treated. You need to do this for your son!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Catholic Charitieshas offered in the past sliding scale fees.Don't worry you will see professionals not priests with a doctrine to follow.You do not have to be catholic to use their services.Sometimes counties will offer therapy/counseling for those with income below a certain level.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2009