Christians do help out other Christians when they need help?

have you ever supported another Christian when they feel blue?

How have you showed the love of Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I have...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Why limit it to just Christians - is that what Jesus would have done?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Of course, that is part of what the church is for. One of my greatest pleasures is supporting people. Here on CM, I don't care what your theology is, if you ask me to pray for you I pray for you. I've also been known to send pm's to people and try to encourage them, even if it's just by "listening" . On Facebook too. Then there is my church family. I love to send notes to people if I know they are down. Then there are simple practical things, babysitting for a mom who needs a day off, making meals, lots of hugs and complements.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• AT CHURCH THE WOMEN HAVE A PROGRAM CALLED SECRET SISTERS DRAW A NAME FROM A HAT AND LEAVE HER MESSAGES OF SUPPORT JOY SCRIPTURE OR WHATEVER YOU MAY THINK SHE NEEDS ITS GREAT! iM AGIVER I ALWAYS TRY TO FIND A WAY TO HELP CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN
    lilobrat

Answer by lilobrat at 1:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• jesus didn't only hang out with his/the believers. he hung out with the poor, disabled, wicked, and sinful. preaching to the choir will only get you so far and no growth in your church. helping those who are like you is wonderful, but it's my belief that with helping anyone else with anything is the visible fruitful tree people who don't believe need to see.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I support people, but I don't feel the need to have a religion in order to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yes, I do absolutely. But I do not limit it to those within my church or those that I am certain are Christians. I support anyone that I can that I know needs the support. My coworker just lost her baby and she does not attend church, but she needs support desperately. I sent her flowers, ecards, call her, anything at all to let her know that I care and that she is loved. There is a blind man that I help go to the store as often as I can. He is sometimes angry and bitter, although I know that he attends church, and I help him happily however I can. Support is one of those wonderful things that you can find a way to do with little to no money. You can pick up a phone and call, you can send a little note or card, you can just offer a hug and well wishes, so many things that you can do. But the key for me is that you don't support others to get something, you do it because it is the right thing to do. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2009