how long did you breastfeed for?

i plan to 18 months old-2 yrs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2.5 years with my first, plan to go at least 2 years this time.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• wow why 5? 2 is okay though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• 1st- 3 months 15 yrs ago they didn't help women as much, especially because I was so young when I had him. They couldn't believe I planned on breastfeeding or that I would stick to it, so they never helped me with his latch.

2nd- 13 months weaned her because I had a root canal and was put on a non-nursing meds they wouldn't work with me and told me I had nursed long enough. That was the last time I went to that dentist.

3rd- 10-11 months She self-weaned because I was pregnant and she didn't like the taste anymore

4th- 15 months self-weaned she had better things to do, like chase after her sister that is 16 months older

I cried every time they stopped nursing. They all weaned or I had to stop before I was ready. I hope to nurse #5 for longer. It should be easier this time all of my children are in school and I will be able to just sit her and nurse. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• 2.5... as in two and a half years. Nothing wrong with nursing to 5 though! I just couldn't get pregnant and full-weaning was my last option... it worked!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Two weeks and I'll never do it again. I cried every time they wanted to nurse. It's not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I planned on going for 2 years but my son decided he was done at 14 months. I was pregnant so that may have made a difference. With this next one I plan, again, on going at least 2 years.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• DD weaned at 13.5 mos due to my pregnancy I suspect, and DS is 27 mos and still nurses 1-2X a day.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• My first - 2 weeks. I didn't know what I was doing and got no support from my mother. I always regretted it.

My second - 9 months, I also used formula, I went back to work at 5 months and didn't pump.

My third - 8 months. I used formula also. One day he absolutely refused the breast. He acted like I was trying to stuff a raw onion in his mouth he was so repulsed, and he never nursed again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2009