Can I get my 9 monther to stop hitting?

She laughs when she does it too. I can already see this becoming a nasty habit. Anything for a baby so young?

oldsoulmom

Asked by oldsoulmom at 1:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't make a big deal of it. A baby that age really don't understand they are doing wrong. if the child was 2 even a year and a half I would say it would be a bigger deal, but heck at that age it's honestly not. Good luck
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i wish i knew the answer to that too. my daughter is sooo mean already! and i cant figure out why because he and her dad are never violent. but she throws things at her cousins and takes toys away from them and everything,and she is only 11 months! just try and keep telling her no and what not, nothing else will really work because they dont understand.
    sarahbumblebee

Answer by sarahbumblebee at 2:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Remove her from the situation. If you are holding her put her down on the floor by herself when she starts hitting. If she is doing it because she is getting frustrated I would try moving her to a different activity or something to distract her. I don't agree with constantly saying no because in my opinion when you say it too much they start to get immune to the word.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2009