Hot bath

So I was wondering what can a hot bath do if your pregnant? I was in the bath tub with ONLY hot water going. Their was steam coming up from the water. But thats how I like it. And for the past couple of times Doing so I felt like i was going to puke. never happen to me before :-(.. Any one know why or what it does to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Raises not only your body temperature but the baby's as well. Try a lukewarm bath. If you really need to relax, take a lukewarm bubble bath, light some candles, dim the light, rest your head on a small rag on the back of the bathtub and listen to some calming music. Taking a hot bath or using a hot tub is very dangerous during all three trimesters of pregnancy. It has proven to raise the baby's body temperature, which is very dangerous and can cause serious complications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I love hot baths too but had to give them up durring pregnancy, they made me so dizzy, that can't be good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2009