Have you ever...

just gotten done pumping (during the time when baby isn't suppose to get hungry) and then baby wakes up hungry and you don't have much to give him/her? i just did that. my DS is 3 weeks old and yeah, he's my first. he's been having a mild cold so it only makes each feeding worse... saline drops up the nose. nurse told me to come in tomorrow if the symptoms don't go away by then.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 3:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you nurse only, drop the pumping altogether for a bit?
    At this time, babies are going through growth spurts, they like to nurse a lot!

You can also use breastmilk for a great alternative to saline drops.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I have done that! And of course they weren't taking a bottle. Usually there was enough milk in my breasts to satisfy them for an hour. I just nursed again then - a lot sooner, but by then I had more to offer.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Yeah I made that mistake. I did it in the middle of the night too because I thought she would sleep and milk supply is highest then for me. That sucked. Sore boobies to nurse right after pumping! At three weeks they're hungry all the time. Mine is 10 weeks and still going about every 2 hours when she's awake during the day. I just slept 6 hour in a row though. Woo hoo
    kelren

Answer by kelren at 7:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• yes i have done that i just fed what i had kept switching breasts and then fed again 1 hour later.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2009