When is it safe to try to naturally induce labor?

Im not trying to be selfish..this is why im asking before I go and jump and start trying.lol. I heard 36 and a half weeks but I want to be for sure. Thanks so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think when you are ready, but even if you are the baby won't come out until it's ready. Try reverse psychology and tell yourself it will never happen, you are going to be pregnant forever. Once you accept that, the baby will come! just don't stress aobut it, it hinders things.
    taraslife

Answer by taraslife at 5:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Never, your baby will come when IT'S ready, not when you're ready to evict it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks, and me and the baby is ready for her to come out, I go to the doctor today, I am sooooo miserable, and hurting all over feel lots of pressure, I would love to have this baby by the end of the week, I know walking really helps, that's the only safe thing I can say, or lots of sex. I can't even sleep at night on count of how uncomfortable I am...
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• not until 37 weeks. their lungs develop in the last trimester so anything before that could be dangerous. I used nipple stimulation as a natural inducement and it seemed to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• a breast pump for nipple stimulation. it releases a hormone called oxytocin which is your body's natural form of pitocin(which is used in hospitals to induce labor). pump til u get a contraction, stop for 15 mins. repeat til they come closer together. it might take a min. to start feeling contractions. don't do this too early though!
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i think stuff like sex, walking spicy foods are always safe. i wouldn't try anything else until after 40 weeks. :) good luck!

Answered at 7:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 by:
    * MommaRox4683
    I'm 37 weeks, and me and the baby is ready for her to come out,

if baby was ready to be out, she would be :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Well they now consider anything before 38 weeks preterm.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• When you're considered term, which is 36 weeks. However, they do ask you to wait until 38 weeks to make sure the baby is fully developed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Term is 37 weeks. Anytime after that they consider safe to deliver but from everything that I have read/heard you can do all these things you hear but your baby is not going to come unless it is ready.
    Anonymous

• As a doula in training, the only time I would EVER recommend you try to naturally induce labor is if your doctor is threatening to medically induce. I know the last few weeks are HELL (I've been there 3 times before), but know that each day your baby is getting more and more prepared, stronger to face this world.

I know it's hard, but try to enjoy this time. How prepare physically, emotionally and mentally prepared are you for labor? Now's the time to read as many inspirational birth stories you can get your hands on.

And if you think you're going to get any more sleep when baby's born -- Think again!! You're in for at least 3 months of really intense mothering!!

cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 10:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009