What do you think is the biggest fear that people have when searching for work at home?

1. Fear of being Scammed
2. Do not know where to start or what to look for
3. Do not have the money to invest into a Home Business
4. Do not know the difference between a business and a job
5. Other (Please post your other opinion)

jennifermay

Asked by jennifermay at 4:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Fear of being scammed.
    Dawnness

Answer by Dawnness at 4:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I think not just the scams out there,but not sure if it will work out or not and sometimes that fear alone will hold you back.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• First, I think they go into their search with the fear of being scammed. Second, I think deep down they go into their search thinking they CAN find something that will make them rich. Then, they get mad when that does not happen. People need to realize that working at home and finding something to do IS possible, but just like any job, it takes effort. For instance, YOU CAN make money at Amazon Mechanical Turk, but it takes effort and WORK. Let's face it, not many people really want to work to earn money. You can make money at Mary Kay as well, but it takes YEARS of work to do so. But it has been proven that you can. It's also very possible for someone to start a business of their own, but it takes effort also. Let's face it, people are just plain lazy....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Being scammed. That is why people should create their own home business with talents and education they already possess. I would never work 60 hours a week for a 100 bucks worth of pay like my sister does with AmeriPlan. I work 40 hours a week from home as a book keeper and make 1500 a week when I add my next client will be more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Failure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I agree that it's fear of being scammed and fear of putting in FT hours for PT pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Being Scammed!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• ANON = Being scammed. That is why people should create their own home business with talents and education they already possess. I would never work 60 hours a week for a 100 bucks worth of pay like my sister does with AmeriPlan. I work 40 hours a week from home as a book keeper and make 1500 a week when I add my next client will be more,,,,,,,,, PM me please
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 2:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I definitely agree on the being Scammed part... but as far as the last comment I do not believe that is true as myself and MANY others make a great income from Ameriplan each month in residual income. So it does work if you make it work and put in the effort just like you would do any business. I do not work 40 hours a week and I now make more than I did outside the home in monthly residual which means if I take a month off... I still get paid. That is the power of a home business and residual income... so definitely everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I do not feel bad mouthing any opportunity is the right way to go about it. As everyone finds what is the right fit for them. You have found what works for you, I would not put down what your Sister does because honestly with in four years she will be making just as much you but in residual income and not working 40 hours a week... working less.
    jennifermay

Answer by jennifermay at 3:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Being scammed.
    Anonymous