What is everyone thinkin about this swine flu jab are u having it or giving it a miss?? im scared stiff don't know what to do :( xx

pink-sparkle22

Asked by pink-sparkle22 at 5:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not worried about it, and am not getting shots either. Basic prevention: wash hands, stay away from sick people, wipe down where hands touch (keyboards, light switches, doorknobs) with Basic G, because it kills germs longer than anything on the market with out poisoning our kids. Disinfectants contain chemicals that wear down the immune system and screws up thier development. If you don't have Basic G, soap and water do the trick. worry causes stress, and stre wears down the immune system too.
    taraslife

Answer by taraslife at 5:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• There is NO way I will get it while pregnant. The package insert from the manufacturer recommends that pregnant women NOT get it unless absolutely necessary. The insert makes it very clear they do not test on pregnant women and have no idea what kind of effect it has on the unborn child. If you get H1N1, even pregnant, most cases are mild.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I had my mind set on definately not having it as u say there not sure on the long term effects of it..i went to my doctors an she said shes not forcing but thinks people should get it done as the effects of swine flu in pregnant ladies are 4 times as bad! i really don't think im gonna have it...xx
    pink-sparkle22

Answer by pink-sparkle22 at 6:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• It really hasn't been around long enough for "testing" on pregnant woman. I wouldn't if i were you. Its not like you're gonna go sit in the hospital ER and talk to sick people.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I am going to be giving birth any day now, and I'm scared to even be in the hospital much less have a baby there! I want to protect my girls and myself, so I'm paranoid about it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• The h1n1 shot is exactly like the seasonal flu vaccine, therefore, it's been around 30 years. All of my children have gotten it and my husband and I will get it when it's available to us.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• I initially hesitated, but I think I am going to get the shot during my next visit. heatheryn is right, its exactly like the regular flu vaccine, I know because my husband is a scientist who works in the company who make the stuff. They would have got the H1N1 strain in the regular vaccine itself if health dept had decided well in advance that this is one of the strains for this season. THey were a little late and so had to create a different vaccine for this one.
    If you are comfortable getting the regular flu vaccine, I dont see any reason to refuse this one. In my case I have an almost 3 yr old who goes to day care and picks up anything thats going around there. So decide based on your situation and vulnerability
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 4:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2009