does a birthing ball really help you go into labor?

I am looking for natural ways to get labor started, or at least start dialating...Any tips? I just read that a birthing ball will help the baby decend into your pelivs and make you dialate, anyone tried this and how did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesnt make you go into labor, it just helps get the baby descend. It helps during labor too. My kiddos were both sunny side up and it gave me the WORST back labor. I got the use a birthing ball with my second and it really helped relieve the pain.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i think it's a good idea to do the birthing ball late in pregnancy if nothing else to prepare for labor. i never practiced squats or anything like that so those positions felt uncomfortable for me during labor so i couldn't really use them :) i also think it's good to get baby in a good position for labor. i don't really think it will start labor though. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• IT DIDNT FOR ME !
    Anonymous